Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tiny Rant

3 small observations for the week.

1. HBO and Showtime.
Enough already with the sex scenes. With the utter failure of network television to produce anything watchable, (other than Law and Order and SYTYCD, of course) cable networks decided to get it right. Deadwood, Big Love, Weeds, The Tudors and others are outstanding programs. Spectacular writing and acting. I only have one minor complaint. The sex. I know it sounds old-fashioned. But do I have to see Bill Paxton's ass EVERY episode? And I get it, Henry the 8th liked to bang chicks. Seriously. Of course, when a network airs a great show like "Kings", it gets cancelled. Probably because the average person demands more ass than acting.

2. Time.
You have time. Stop whining that you do not have enough time. You do. I have plenty of time to go to the gym. I prefer to spend that time sleeping or reading or doing most anything else. You have time to cook dinner for real. (www.eatthistonight.blogspot.com) You have time to talk on the phone (and not in your car). Saying "I don't have time to ___" is just saying "I don't give a crap about ____" That's fine. Just say "I prefer beekeeping to TV". Quit acting like you are busier than everyone else. We've all got shit to do. I work full time (and then some), knit, play games, cook dinners, pack lunches, craft, spend time with friends, make bread, shop and many other things and guess what? I still have time to watch SYTYCD. Because it is just that damn important to me.

3. Coffee.
I used to be grumpy about fancy coffees. I used to complain about paying for frou frou drinks with soy milk and whipped cream. I used to act superior for drinking a plain old cup of joe. Then I had a fancy coffee. I have cultivated my palate to appreciate all the finer points of a $5 beverage. I now proudly order the ventiskinnyicedsoymochafrappenowhipdoubleshot in one breath with my head held high. Say what you will. Coffee is good, mochas are badass.



No comments: